Global Procurement & Alternative Component Sourcing
The success of any New Product Introduction (NPI) program relies on effective selection of all components, materials and suppliers.
Trio has design for procurement expertise across electrical, electronic, mechanical and electro-mechanical disciplines. And with highly experienced purchasing and engineering groups, plus a global network of suppliers, we are ideally placed to advise and support customers at the critical design stage.
Our Global Procurement Team based in Panyu is specialized by material group and divided into the following speciality areas:
- Indirect Materials
Our material procurement service takes the strain out of component shortage issues, ensuring minimal disruption to your supply chain. Carried out in accordance with ISO 9001 the range of procurements services available to you includes:
- Last time buys of strategic parts
- Sourcing of obsolete parts
- Inspection, verification and test of electronic components within our dedicated laboratory
- Sourcing of specialist drawn items from our established international network of suppliers
- BOM “health checks” for compliance with legislative requirements, such as RoHS, REACH, etc.
- Periodic pricing negotiation with value analysis
- Alternative component sourcing
- Up-to-date knowledge of component market trends
- Supplier qualification programs and audits
- Partnering with key suppliers
- Components management for end-of-life products
- Sourcing and management of RoHS compliant materials