Senior Power Electronics and Magnetics Engineer
Trio-tronics Manufacturing Global Ltd., Block 1, Unit 1A, Bracken Business Park, Sandyford, Dublin D18 H283, Ireland
Trio Engineering based in Hong Kong with its main manufacturing plant in Panyu, Guangzhou, China is an EMS Company specializing in the manufacturing of Power Supplies, Battery Chargers, Inverters, Filters and Transformers / Magnetics for Industry. Trio Engineering has an extensive export base in Europe, USA and Asia. Trio Engineering completed a successful listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in November 2017. With this major milestone completed, Trio Engineering is now expanding its operations in Europe and is looking to recruit a Senior Electronics Engineer with experience in the design, prototyping and manufacturing of Power Electronics and Magnetic Components particularly for use in low to medium power switch-mode power supplies.
The ideal candidate should bring the following:
- The suitable candidate will hold a relevant degree or Diploma in Electrical or Electronic Engineering and have a minimum experience of 10 years in the magnetics / Power Electronics Sectors.
- Have extensive experience in the design and production of Magnetics Components including Transformers, Inductors, and Chokes particularly in the switch mode magnetics area.
- Familiar with the latest transformer materials in particular ferrite, powdered Iron, sendust cores constructions and relevant materials for insulation systems.
- Experience of topologies for DC / DC conversion, forward, fly back and buck topologies from a magnetics point of view.
- Capable of Prototype building and testing and managing such a department.
- Extensive experience in launching new magnetic products into production and experience implementing / improving manufacturing processes.
- Experience working with technical departments of international customers particularly in Europe and the USA.
- Familiar with international safety standards and approvals including UL, CSA, VDE, CE, etc.
- Apart from English other European languages such as Italian, German and French would be an advantage.
- Experience in cost reduction engineering.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Experience in costing magnetics projects in terms of assembly time, material costs, testing etc.
- Design/Manufacturing Documentation and Presentations Skills.
- Organized and able to prioritize work
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Takes responsibility for accomplishing individual and team goals
- Keen to constantly learn and improve own skills
- Proactive in identifying design problems and opportunities
- Ability to work independently and closely with the Factory Team
- Ability to communicate clearly with other key personnel
- Methodical with a high attention to detail
The position would involve periods in the factory in China, Hong Kong office, periodical visits to our client base, and to relevant trade exhibitions & seminars.
Trio Engineering offers very attractive compensation and social benefits. These will be discussed in detail directly with the suitable candidate. However, please state your salary expectations and your earliest availability with your application.
Joe Mac Carthy